Classroom Antarctica is a comprehensive online teaching resource produced by the Australian Antarctic Division, with lesson plans aimed at grades 3 to 8.
Ideas contained in Classroom Antarctica will stimulate your students’ interest in real-world applications for science, mathematics and studies of society and environment, inspiring and engaging your students in learning.
Behind the News went south in 2019 with the Australian Antarctic Program!
Check out their stories for an engaging perspective on Australia's activities on the icy continent.
- Video story: Life in Antarctica
- BTN Newsbreak on iView: Penguin research in Antarctica (from 2:40)
- News story: Penguin research in Antarctica
- Question and answer session: Ask a Reporter – Life on Antarctica
- Video story: Why is Antarctica important to scientists?