What would you look for in a potential Antarctic expeditioner?
- Have students examine the expeditioner profiles. What questions would they like to have asked the expeditioners? Have them draw up their own questionnaire. Some examples of questions students may want to ask:
- What was your favourite subject in school and why?
- What school activities and sports did you participate in?
- Did you like school? What did you like best and least about it?
- How is the world different now from what it was like when you were a child?
- What was your first job?
- Is there a person that really changed the course of your life by something that they did? Who were they and what did they do?
- Why are you living where you are today?
- Do you wish you lived somewhere else?
- Has anyone ever saved your life?
- Have you ever saved any one else's life?
- What is the funniest practical joke you ever played on anyone?
- What do you like to do when you're not working?
- Have you ever met any famous people?
- Describe a time and place when you remember feeling truly at peace and happy to be alive.
- Is there anything you have always wanted to do, but haven't?
- Have students check the short profiles for the current year's expeditioners.